Symptoms of the Menopause
All women will have a different experience of the menopause. Some will barely notice any symptoms while others will need medications to help them cope. There are a wide range of possible symptoms, but the most common are hot flushes and night sweats.
- Hot flushes, sweats and sometimes palpitations
- Insomnia (difficulty sleeping)
- Low mood
- Mood swings and irritability
- Lowered sex drive (libido)
- Dry skin, hair and nails
- Bone thinning (osteoporosis)
- Vaginal dryness and pain during sex
- Psychological effects such as poor memory, loss of confidence and low self esteem
- Passing urine more often and increased risk of urinary infections
- Breast changes
- Aches and pains.
"Symptoms of the Menopause." Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust. N.p., 19 Aug. 2013. Web. 02 Mar. 2015.