Cervical Screening in Summary
- Remember an abnormal screening result rarely means cancer
- Between 90 and 94% of all screening results are negative
- Having regular cervical screening offers the best protection against developing cervical cancer
- Cervical screening is free and you should talk to your doctor about getting regular screening.
- If you are feeling anxious beforehand ask a member of your family or friend to accompany you. Your doctor or nurse will be happy to talk through any anxieties that you have prior to your cervical screening appointment.
"Cervical Screening in Summary." Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust. N.p., 19 Aug. 2013. Web. 02 Mar. 2015.